Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Nessus 3.06 on Ubuntu 7.10 _Gutsy Gibbon_

Post upgrading to Gutsy Gibbon on one of my test systems I needed to install an application that I regularly use (Nessus). To install this I downloaded the standard Nessus 3.0.6 deb package from nessus.org and attempted install via the package manager. The installation attempt produced the following Error: Dependency is not satisfied: libssl0.9.7. Normally I wouldn't write about this, but given the fact that I noticed several locations on the internet (various forums and blogs) about this issue being unresolved for many users I figured I would post what worked for me.

The first thing that I did was install libssl-dev "sudo apt-get install libssl-dev". After installing libssl-dev I again attempted to install the Nessus 3.0.6 deb package and received the same error " Error: Dependency is not satisfied: libssl0.9.7". My next step was to download libssl0.9.7_0.9.7g-5ubuntu1.1_i386.deb directly from packages.ubuntu.com and install this deb package. That's what did the trick, Nessus is now up and running and everyone (me) is happy.

Cheers,
JJC

No comments:

Post a Comment